Are you a data engineer looking to make technical innovations happen and with a passion for travel? We are looking for you to strengthen our fast-growing travel analytics company.
In this position you will develop ETL processes, import and enrich data feeds, discuss data storage architecture and data formats, maintain existing processes, improve the efficiency of import processes, guarantee data visibility for our data scientists and customers, guarantee data quality, deploy and look after automated processes on our hybrid cloud infrastructure, investigate other possible sources of data, etc.
ForwardKeys (www.forwardkeys.com) is an innovative travel analytics company. It was founded in 2010 in Valencia, Spain, after Olivier and Chris, the co-founders, realised that the air reservation data used by airlines could serve every industry with an interest in global travellers. Since then, we’ve built a platform in which clients can monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand, and forecast travel trends. We provide live, tactical information and exclusive insights to tourism boards (“destinations”), hotel chains, retailers, airports, duty-free operators, tax refund companies, car rentals, and more industries that are related to the traveller industry. ForwardKeys aggregates many data sets from the industry daily and converts it in KPIs for key industry players in multiples ways.
The company is quickly growing and has a young and multi-cultural workforce. This makes that the atmosphere in the company is informal and friendly. Our offices are situated in the centre of Valencia, right next to the city of arts and sciences and close to the beach. In other words, this is a fantastic opportunity to spend some years on the sunny Mediterranean coast.
We are looking for.. A team-player who embraces our company’s vision, who brings new ideas to the table, and who strives for profitability and achieving practical goals. You should be prepared to be hands-on, to take ownership and to take upon you your own goals and responsibilities while working closely with the IT and product development teams.
- Experience with Java, big data ETL processing, Spark, Parquet, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar, Linux shell scripts, and notions of system administration.
- Having a focus on the quality of service, reliability and being able to handle crisis situations.
- Be excited and looking to have fun!
Nice to have
- Knowledge of: Apache NiFi, Hive, Druid, Cassandra, MongoDB, MySQL, etc.
- Have experience working agile, and being able to work with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Git and Sonar.
- Experience with Selenium, quality assurance, R, Python and Scala.
- Full-time employment with contract for an indefinite period.
- An interesting and dynamic job.
- Opportunity to grow with the company.
- Flexible working hours and relaxed environment.
- Small, cohesive and collaborative team.
Are you passionate about data and do you want to work on turning data into information, using algorithms and machine learning techniques? We are always looking for team players.
We are always looking for talented and ambitious interns to join our team. Are you passionate, inquisitive and ready to make a difference? We need engineers or master levels in IT, software development, marketing and data scientists.